Akhilesh Yadav, an Indian politician, is the incumbent chief minister of the state of Uttar Pradesh. In March 2012, at the age of 38 years, he became the youngest person to hold the post. Akhilesh Yadav is a key member of the Samajwadi Party. He played an important role in his party’s campaign for the 2012 Uttar Pradesh assembly elections. He led the Samajwadi Party to power in the state. two consecutive terms. Akhilesh Yadav has been actively involved in developing rural life and working for the welfare of the farmers and the poor. He is known as one of the young faces in Indian politics.
Political Career of Akhilesh Yadav
- In 2000, Akhilesh Yadav was elected as a member of the Lok Sabha for the first time from Kannauj. Thereafter, he won the Lok Sabha elections for the next two consecutive terms.
- Akhilesh Yadav has held membership in Civil Supplies, Food and Public Distribution Committee.
- From 2000 to 2001, he served as a member of the Committee on Ethics.
- From 2002 to 2004, he was a member of the Committee on Environment and Forests and also of the Committee on Science and Technologies.
- In 2004, he was re-elected as a member of the 14th Lok Sabha for a second term.
- From 2004 to 2009, he held membership in Committee on Urban Development, Committee on Estimates, Committee on Provision of Computers to various departments.
- In 2009, he became member of the 15th Lok Sabha; he got re-elected for a third consecutive term.
- From 2009 to 2012, he served as member of the Committee on Environment & Forests, Committee on Science & Technology and the JPC on the 2G spectrum scam.
- On 10 March 2012, Akhilesh Yadav was appointed the leader of the Samajwadi Legislative Party in Uttar Pradesh.
- On 15 March 2012, at the age of 38 years, he became the youngest Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.
- On 2 May 2012, he resigned as member of the 15th Lok Sabha to become Member of Legislative Council in the state of Uttar Pradesh.